Two days ago I made a list of the accomplishments I am most thankful for this year. Next morning I happened to read Seth Godin’s post #YearInReview What did you ship in 2010?.
My own post today is absolutely inspired by Mr. Godin.
Seth Godin is obsessed with shipping ideas or projects, I am obsessed with being in action and I believe we become by doing. Action is everything and I have seen people transform through action. And by following my own philosophy I have to admit that 2010 was an amazing year for me.
Here’s my list of projects I shipped out the door in 2010:
- Inspired to start a business http://z-consultant.com/
- Launched my business website www.beanidealeader.com
- Was a part of creating and launching a successful one women show www.radvaz.com
- Made it to my best friend’s birthday in Florida
- Was part of launching a successful new branch for an existing business www.bfitny.com
- Took and finished a 10 day silent meditation course
- Went a whole year without coffee
- Completed the Competent Communication Manual for Toastmasters (10 Speeches) http://bryantparktoastmasters.com/
- Became an American
- Ran a race to raise $1000 for God’s Love We Deliver https://www.glwd.org/;jsessionid=12B3B80752FC5F3ECFA5C5422086699A
- Joined a crazy productive BNI network, where I have to wake up every Wednesday at 5 AM
- Completed the Level 3 class at an improv school including 3 shows www.improvolution.org
- Inspired and shipped a volunteer program for Women’s Education Program http://womenseducationproject.org/
- Joined Humorous Toastmaster Club.
- Shipped my business blog and Facebook page http://beanidealeader.wpengine.com/blog; http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Be-an-iDEA-Leader/170684932944405
- Going home to Belarus to celebrate my mom’s 60th Birthday and visit my Grand Aunt in Moscow.
None of this was achieved on my own, I was inspired by my friends, clients and many other great people I met in 2010. These people motivated and moved me forward! THANK YOU!
So go ahead and post a list of projects that you shipped in 2010, I guarantee that you will feel good and inspire others!
Have a very happy and productive 2011. I don’t know about anyone else but I can’t wait to get started!