In July, I turned 38 years old and the older I get, the less I celebrate it. It has less importance and that is probably fine. I can admit I celebrate both life in general and the feeling of gratitude more on a daily basis. These are now two ongoing activities in my life. I want to take a moment and reflect on the year with a new way of celebrating it: with a reason for every year I’ve been alive (with 7 extra reasons ☺).
1. Being alive and healthy. This year I finally started thinking about death more seriously. It is about time. In Bhutan, thinking about death makes you happier. I am on the right track.
2. My parent’s health and their acceptance of me – trying to understand me for who I am the best they can. And still laughing at my jokes.
3. Connect with my older sister and becoming closer than ever before. Seeing her happy with her family.
4. My cats, for them being alive and loving creatures that I want to spend time with all the time and that they never getting tired of me.
5. My cousin, who I am still friends with despite one year of living together.
6. Trees in my Brooklyn
7. My favorite coffee shop around the corner, Milk and Honey, you make me proud of my hood.
8. Doing what I love and being paid for it by helping people to transform through actions. To all of my clients who worked with me in the last year, I constantly learn from you.
9. My Paprika team who always pushes me to grow and making fun of the accent.
10. For being part of the production team of BURQ OFF one woman show and learn so much about Islam and keep learning and being part of the important conversation.
11. Pumpkin for having you back to The USA
12. Becky for always reminding me being positive and kind to people is the most important thing in life
13. 4th way and my Tuesday group
14. My best neighbors from 9D and having my back
15. Zambrano’s family moving back to NYC
16. Vanessa Fisher’s work which grows every time I read her Facebook’s posts.
17. Being a part of Nick’s projects and seeing ‘Flow ‘ becoming something that people can apply in everyday life.
18. Krasopetovka for being krasopetovka.
19. Being able to spend a month with my family in Belarus and have long conversations with my mom and dad
20. Make a change in my life and quitting sugar, caffeine, alcohol, gluten, dairy, and carbs for almost 3 months, going through the detoxing program with Nancy Fisher and feeling great.
21. Svetlana (aka Tina), for filling in the gaps and being amazing friend and inspiring model
22. Balnadina for always being there and opening her own law office
23. GMG for her presence and kindness and making a lot of progress in her life
24. Osho for getting back to creating music and always feeding me lunch
25. That I started working with Dinara Badaeva
26. That Tate was born, the happiest boy, and his cool mommy and daddy, adventurous hikers and change makers
27. Vaz for making me laugh and accepting me for who I am
28. Getting back to meditation, doing 3 days silent course and still loving myself (a lot of truths came up).
29. LOVE of food, eating, cooking, creating Pinterest boards
30. Suzanna for keeping on me on my toes and beautiful flowers and books
31. Masha, beautiful baby from beautiful mother and father – Olga and Igor. Olga not giving up on work even I know she really wants it
32. Being able to push up 36 times at some point this year – Hilary my personal trainer rocks
33. For my beautiful home
34. Alina and no matter how busy she is always finding time to speak to me
35. Jessica and her gratitude list and starting her own online platform – Moppy. Proud of you.
36. Julia Z for trying to find your way and not giving up
37. Michael T for being part of his team and seeing his ongoing determination to move forward.
38. Nadia and Conrad getting married and being at their beautiful wedding and buying 3 different dresses.
39. Elaine for looking after me and seeing bigger visions than I can imagine for myself
40. Kimmie for being my American home and her beautiful family who accepting me as part of it
41. Humorous Toastmasters Club, for people who do not stop impressing me and making me proud.
42. My new favorite: Para and showing me the way that magic is possible daily ☺.
43. Sketchy Desi who is not only funny but also know how to love for real.
44. The overall ongoing flow of amazing people I meet on my way.
45. and Love that is always in an air in all shapes and forms.
Special thank you to Nick Milodgragovich for proofreading this post.